Bow Down, b*tches—Queen Bee is in the building. Sick of the constant shade being thrown in her direction, Beyoncé puts jealous haters in their place on a new single, released Sunday without warning via her official site. Along with her brash new brand of swagger, Bey exhibits a brash disregard for songwriting conventions. After an opening third aimed at the singer’s pale imitators (including, many have speculated, Keri Hilson), the Hit-Boy-produced cut switches gears for I Been On, a syrupy-slow second movement which finds Knowles celebrating her H-Town roots through a pitch-lowering studio effect. Gritty and stylistically audacious, this single will undoubtedly leave fans wondering what else Beyoncé has up her sleeve. The project to which this joint is attached as yet lacks a drop date, but we’ll keep you supplied with further details and song releases as they emerge.
Written by richard on 03/18/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Deja Vu" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.