Bow Down, b*tches—Queen Bee is in the building. Sick of the constant shade being thrown in her direction, Beyoncé puts jealous haters in their place on a new single, released Sunday without warning via her official site. Along with her brash new brand of swagger, Bey exhibits a brash disregard for songwriting conventions. After an opening third aimed at the singer’s pale imitators (including, many have speculated, Keri Hilson), the Hit-Boy-produced cut switches gears for I Been On, a syrupy-slow second movement which finds Knowles celebrating her H-Town roots through a pitch-lowering studio effect. Gritty and stylistically audacious, this single will undoubtedly leave fans wondering what else Beyoncé has up her sleeve. The project to which this joint is attached as yet lacks a drop date, but we’ll keep you supplied with further details and song releases as they emerge.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Deja Vu" (2006)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.