Bow Down, b*tches—Queen Bee is in the building. Sick of the constant shade being thrown in her direction, Beyoncé puts jealous haters in their place on a new single, released Sunday without warning via her official site. Along with her brash new brand of swagger, Bey exhibits a brash disregard for songwriting conventions. After an opening third aimed at the singer’s pale imitators (including, many have speculated, Keri Hilson), the Hit-Boy-produced cut switches gears for I Been On, a syrupy-slow second movement which finds Knowles celebrating her H-Town roots through a pitch-lowering studio effect. Gritty and stylistically audacious, this single will undoubtedly leave fans wondering what else Beyoncé has up her sleeve. The project to which this joint is attached as yet lacks a drop date, but we’ll keep you supplied with further details and song releases as they emerge.
Written by richard on 03/18/13
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Deja Vu" (2006)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.