Bow Down, b*tches—Queen Bee is in the building. Sick of the constant shade being thrown in her direction, Beyoncé puts jealous haters in their place on a new single, released Sunday without warning via her official site. Along with her brash new brand of swagger, Bey exhibits a brash disregard for songwriting conventions. After an opening third aimed at the singer’s pale imitators (including, many have speculated, Keri Hilson), the Hit-Boy-produced cut switches gears for I Been On, a syrupy-slow second movement which finds Knowles celebrating her H-Town roots through a pitch-lowering studio effect. Gritty and stylistically audacious, this single will undoubtedly leave fans wondering what else Beyoncé has up her sleeve. The project to which this joint is attached as yet lacks a drop date, but we’ll keep you supplied with further details and song releases as they emerge.
Written by richard on 03/18/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Deja Vu" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.