Sick of the stale, tacky sounds coming from certain individuals in the music game? Then it’s time to file a complaint with the Better Taste Bureau. The Salt Lake City representatives may not be able to curb their peers’ wack tendencies, but their music will certainly provide a refreshing change of pace. Their first DJBooth feature under their new stage name (As Hurris & Gig, they brought us Ham ‘n’ Eggs last September), mixtape single Lookin’ Back is a swagger-soaked cut with a club-ready vibe. Over Mason Brewer‘s high-energy rhythm section and sizzling synths, the emcees invite women to leave their lackluster dudes behind and give them a try. Local singer/songwriter Luna Lune lends her vocals to the record’s hook, and Cameron Gould directs the joint’s cinematic accompaniment. The Better Taste EP currently lacks a drop date, as does the crew’s forthcoming studio album; keep it locked for news on both, as well as all the latest song releases.
Written by richard on 11/18/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Out West" (2014)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.