Sick of the stale, tacky sounds coming from certain individuals in the music game? Then it’s time to file a complaint with the Better Taste Bureau. The Salt Lake City representatives may not be able to curb their peers’ wack tendencies, but their music will certainly provide a refreshing change of pace. Their first DJBooth feature under their new stage name (As Hurris & Gig, they brought us Ham ‘n’ Eggs last September), mixtape single Lookin’ Back is a swagger-soaked cut with a club-ready vibe. Over Mason Brewer‘s high-energy rhythm section and sizzling synths, the emcees invite women to leave their lackluster dudes behind and give them a try. Local singer/songwriter Luna Lune lends her vocals to the record’s hook, and Cameron Gould directs the joint’s cinematic accompaniment. The Better Taste EP currently lacks a drop date, as does the crew’s forthcoming studio album; keep it locked for news on both, as well as all the latest song releases.
Written by richard on 11/18/13
Salt Lake City hip-hop crew Better Taste Bureau (formerly known as Hurris & Gig) has unleashed its latest collection of original material, the The Better Taste EP. The project packs a total of four original jams from the...
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Out West" (2014)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)