Sick of the stale, tacky sounds coming from certain individuals in the music game? Then it’s time to file a complaint with the Better Taste Bureau. The Salt Lake City representatives may not be able to curb their peers’ wack tendencies, but their music will certainly provide a refreshing change of pace. Their first DJBooth feature under their new stage name (As Hurris & Gig, they brought us Ham ‘n’ Eggs last September), mixtape single Lookin’ Back is a swagger-soaked cut with a club-ready vibe. Over Mason Brewer‘s high-energy rhythm section and sizzling synths, the emcees invite women to leave their lackluster dudes behind and give them a try. Local singer/songwriter Luna Lune lends her vocals to the record’s hook, and Cameron Gould directs the joint’s cinematic accompaniment. The Better Taste EP currently lacks a drop date, as does the crew’s forthcoming studio album; keep it locked for news on both, as well as all the latest song releases.
Written by richard on 11/18/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Out West" (2014)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.