Sick of the stale, tacky sounds coming from certain individuals in the music game? Then it’s time to file a complaint with the Better Taste Bureau. The Salt Lake City representatives may not be able to curb their peers’ wack tendencies, but their music will certainly provide a refreshing change of pace. Their first DJBooth feature under their new stage name (As Hurris & Gig, they brought us Ham ‘n’ Eggs last September), mixtape single Lookin’ Back is a swagger-soaked cut with a club-ready vibe. Over Mason Brewer‘s high-energy rhythm section and sizzling synths, the emcees invite women to leave their lackluster dudes behind and give them a try. Local singer/songwriter Luna Lune lends her vocals to the record’s hook, and Cameron Gould directs the joint’s cinematic accompaniment. The Better Taste EP currently lacks a drop date, as does the crew’s forthcoming studio album; keep it locked for news on both, as well as all the latest song releases.
Written by richard on 11/18/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Out West" (2014)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.