The dream of every college football player is to stand on stage on national television, hoisting up the Heisman trophy above the head for the world to see. For all of the over-hyped emcees in the rap game, however, be on the look out for a Heisman straight to the jaw from Salt Lake City trio Better Taste Bureau. On their latest single, the group’s producer, Mason Brewer, crafts an intimidating beat that could be any playground bully’s entrance song at recess, while emcees Hurris and Gig “take it there” all the way with their
threats promises. And if they need to, they’ll still kick it with a prosthetic. I think I’ll play on their team when it comes to a pick up game. Pick me! Pick me! BTB’s forthcoming album, Outliers, which will house the Heisman, is slated for release on May 3.
Written by Bryan H on 04/29/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Lookin' Back" (2013)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.