The dream of every college football player is to stand on stage on national television, hoisting up the Heisman trophy above the head for the world to see. For all of the over-hyped emcees in the rap game, however, be on the look out for a Heisman straight to the jaw from Salt Lake City trio Better Taste Bureau. On their latest single, the group’s producer, Mason Brewer, crafts an intimidating beat that could be any playground bully’s entrance song at recess, while emcees Hurris and Gig “take it there” all the way with their
threats promises. And if they need to, they’ll still kick it with a prosthetic. I think I’ll play on their team when it comes to a pick up game. Pick me! Pick me! BTB’s forthcoming album, Outliers, which will house the Heisman, is slated for release on May 3.
Written by Bryan H on 04/29/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Lookin' Back" (2013)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.