For those who have exhausted the possibilities offered by the Kama Sutra, new Capitol Records signee Bertell‘s here to suggest a few new ways to – ahem – Beat It Up. On the second half of his current dual single (released along with hit Bun B collabo She Bad), the Booth newcomer lets listeners know know just how sexually adventurous he is, inviting a female to try out the “VIP position” in the club bathroom before enjoying a little white-knuckle action on the way back to his place. Getting it in while rocketing down the freeway at 80 miles per hour may be a really, really bad idea, but Bertell spins the potentially life-threatening scenario into one crowd-pleasing R&B-pop jam, showcasing his smooth vocal stylings over Bryan-Michael Cox’ uniquely seductive mix of glittering synths and warm strings. If Beat It Up has you screaming, “Ey, ey, ey, ey, ey ey!” well, your first order of business should probably be a cold shower – but after that, you’ll definitely want to keep it locked for the latest on Bertell’s Goin Hard LP, currently set to hit stores in spring of next year.
Written by richard on 12/6/09
Submit your Rating
Upscale Music Group/December 1st Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Headboard Pt. 2" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.