For those who have exhausted the possibilities offered by the Kama Sutra, new Capitol Records signee Bertell‘s here to suggest a few new ways to – ahem – Beat It Up. On the second half of his current dual single (released along with hit Bun B collabo She Bad), the Booth newcomer lets listeners know know just how sexually adventurous he is, inviting a female to try out the “VIP position” in the club bathroom before enjoying a little white-knuckle action on the way back to his place. Getting it in while rocketing down the freeway at 80 miles per hour may be a really, really bad idea, but Bertell spins the potentially life-threatening scenario into one crowd-pleasing R&B-pop jam, showcasing his smooth vocal stylings over Bryan-Michael Cox’ uniquely seductive mix of glittering synths and warm strings. If Beat It Up has you screaming, “Ey, ey, ey, ey, ey ey!” well, your first order of business should probably be a cold shower – but after that, you’ll definitely want to keep it locked for the latest on Bertell’s Goin Hard LP, currently set to hit stores in spring of next year.
Listen to More: Bertell
Written by richard on 12/6/09
Upscale Music Group/December 1st Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Headboard Pt. 2" (2011)
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- After Wiz Khalifa’s “Blacc Hollywood”, What Does a Number One Album Mean?
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)