Now, I’m no Black Eyed Peas hater, but I have to admit that it was with some trepidation that I clicked “play” on the only-a-matter-of-time-before-it’s-a-hit lead single off their forthcoming LP – what will I do if I hate it? Live in the woods as a hermit for the next year and a half? Well, after listening to The Time (The Dirty Bit), I’m happy to say I won’t be putting down a deposit on a cave anytime soon. I’m… actually kinda digging it. will.i.am proves as deft as ever behind the boards, serving up a sparse, body-moving percussion backdrop for the same brand of eccentric, instantly memorable rhymes that helped make Boom Boom Pow a smash: “All these girls they like my swagger, they call me Mick Jagger / I be rollin’ like a stone, jet-setter, jet-lagger.” Top it all off with a hook repurposed from Dirty Dancing classic (I’ve Had) The Time of My Life, and you’ve got yourself another megahit – or do my ears deceive me? Whatever your feelings on the matter, you can expect to hear plenty more from will, Fergie, apl and Taboo leading up to the November 30, release of the Peas’ sixth full-length, The Beginning.
Written by richard on 10/24/10
Submit your Rating
A&M/ Will.I.Am Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Boom Boom Pow" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.