At this point the Black Eyed Peas aren’t a music group, they’re a finely tuned hit-making and marketing machine. There’s a reason they’ve been invited to perform at halftime of this year’s Super Bowl. It’s almost shocking then that new single Just Can’t Get Enough strays so far from their usual pop/dance formula, using heavy metal guitars and a full orchestra to carry a powerful message about the world’s suffering. I’m sorry, that’s a complete lie. Of course Just Can’t Get Enough is another track built on the BEP hip-pop blueprint. will.i.am, DJ Ammo and Rodney “Darkchild” Jenkins combine to create a beat that at first softly and sweetly croons, then transitions into an electro-dance cut on the close. Throw in a quasi-duet in the form of vocals from Fergie and half-rapped, half-sung verses from will (I think Taboo and/or apl.de.ap might also rap, but I can’t really tell), and history says that even for all its predictability, Just Can’t Get Enough will propel the quartet’s new album, The Beginning, into the stratosphere they’ve become so accustomed to living in.
Written by Nathan S. on 01/26/11
Submit your Rating
A&M/ Will.I.Am Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Boom Boom Pow" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Adrian Lau - The Departed
- T.I. ft. Young Thug, Lil Wayne & Jeezy - About The Money (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Nikki Jean - Haile Selassie
- Every Logic Song We’ve Ever Featured
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- Drake - 6 God EP
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.