At this point the Black Eyed Peas aren’t a music group, they’re a finely tuned hit-making and marketing machine. There’s a reason they’ve been invited to perform at halftime of this year’s Super Bowl. It’s almost shocking then that new single Just Can’t Get Enough strays so far from their usual pop/dance formula, using heavy metal guitars and a full orchestra to carry a powerful message about the world’s suffering. I’m sorry, that’s a complete lie. Of course Just Can’t Get Enough is another track built on the BEP hip-pop blueprint. will.i.am, DJ Ammo and Rodney “Darkchild” Jenkins combine to create a beat that at first softly and sweetly croons, then transitions into an electro-dance cut on the close. Throw in a quasi-duet in the form of vocals from Fergie and half-rapped, half-sung verses from will (I think Taboo and/or apl.de.ap might also rap, but I can’t really tell), and history says that even for all its predictability, Just Can’t Get Enough will propel the quartet’s new album, The Beginning, into the stratosphere they’ve become so accustomed to living in.
Written by Nathan S. on 01/26/11
A&M/ Will.I.Am Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Boom Boom Pow" (2009)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- After Wiz Khalifa’s “Blacc Hollywood”, What Does a Number One Album Mean?
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)