At this point the Black Eyed Peas aren’t a music group, they’re a finely tuned hit-making and marketing machine. There’s a reason they’ve been invited to perform at halftime of this year’s Super Bowl. It’s almost shocking then that new single Just Can’t Get Enough strays so far from their usual pop/dance formula, using heavy metal guitars and a full orchestra to carry a powerful message about the world’s suffering. I’m sorry, that’s a complete lie. Of course Just Can’t Get Enough is another track built on the BEP hip-pop blueprint. will.i.am, DJ Ammo and Rodney “Darkchild” Jenkins combine to create a beat that at first softly and sweetly croons, then transitions into an electro-dance cut on the close. Throw in a quasi-duet in the form of vocals from Fergie and half-rapped, half-sung verses from will (I think Taboo and/or apl.de.ap might also rap, but I can’t really tell), and history says that even for all its predictability, Just Can’t Get Enough will propel the quartet’s new album, The Beginning, into the stratosphere they’ve become so accustomed to living in.
Written by Nathan S. on 01/26/11
Submit your Rating
A&M/ Will.I.Am Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Boom Boom Pow" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.