Particularly for those who sat through the D.A.R.E. program back in elementary school, the sentence “Say No to Drugs” is less likely to leave listeners excited for a dope song than to provoke reflexive yawns and/or eye-rolls. As it turns out, though, the title of Benny Cassette‘s latest single is just a clever piece of reverse psychology on the part of the Los Angeles-based singer and producer, who I’m guessing has said “yes” to narcotics at least a few times in his life. The drug Cassette is trying—and failing—to steer clear of on this cut is actually a certain woman, whose seductive qualities he compares to cocaine, PCP and other addictive substances. Project collaborator Chuck Inglish (of Cool Kids fame) produces the joint, blending elements of hip-hop, soul, rock rock and pop to back his partner’s lust-soaked bars. For this moody, alluring jam and much more, check out the duo’s Angel Dust EP when it hits the ‘net next Tuesday, October 30. Additionally, watch the Booth for further details on the Inglish’s solo debut,Convertibles, scheduled to drop before the year’s out.
Update: Click “Watch Video” above or scroll down to view the Pōstas-directed Say No to Drugs visual.
Written by richard on 10/24/12
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- PRhyme (Royce Da 5’9” & DJ Premier) - U Looz
- Lil Dicky ft. Michael Christmas & Rockie Fresh - Would You Believe That
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.