I’ve been obsessed with Martin Scorcese lately, so last week I watched Raging Bull for the first time. All I can say is, damn. While the latest feature from G.O.O.D. Music singer/songwriter/producer Benny Cassette shares nothing beyond its title with the flick, it’s likely to elicit a similar reaction among hip-hop heads. Over a self-produced beat that’s both grimy and cinematic, the versatile artist delivers poetic verses packed with vivid imagery and ominous turns of phrase. An unknown director’s artistic visuals round out the package. Benny’s Apocalypse EP, the first of two forthcoming projects on the horizon, is slated to drop in late June. In the meantime, though fans can visit the artist’s official site for a free download of Raging Bull.
Written by richard on 06/3/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Say No to Drugs" (2012)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.