I’ve been obsessed with Martin Scorcese lately, so last week I watched Raging Bull for the first time. All I can say is, damn. While the latest feature from G.O.O.D. Music singer/songwriter/producer Benny Cassette shares nothing beyond its title with the flick, it’s likely to elicit a similar reaction among hip-hop heads. Over a self-produced beat that’s both grimy and cinematic, the versatile artist delivers poetic verses packed with vivid imagery and ominous turns of phrase. An unknown director’s artistic visuals round out the package. Benny’s Apocalypse EP, the first of two forthcoming projects on the horizon, is slated to drop in late June. In the meantime, though fans can visit the artist’s official site for a free download of Raging Bull.
Written by richard on 06/3/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Say No to Drugs" (2012)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.