Last month, DJBooth featured Say No To Drugs, an electro-infused jam from Benny Cassette and The Cool Kids member, Chuck Inglish. Sadly, it appears their musical advice won’t last long thanks to that Ferngully, the duo’s latest offering from their Angel Dust EP. This trippy, yet soulful tune kicks of with a Nintendo-like beat courtesy of Inglish. However, that chord doesn’t last very long as the beat changes up several times throughout the track, each shift more unique and refreshing than the one before it. Spliced between the cracks of the dynamic boardwork is Cassette’s vocals, whose versatile flow and contagious chorus serve as the bridges between the shifts in pitch, speed, and style. Want another hit? Stream the entire Angel Dust EP via Soundcloud.
Written by Lucas G. on 11/6/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Say No to Drugs" (2012)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.