Last month, DJBooth featured Say No To Drugs, an electro-infused jam from Benny Cassette and The Cool Kids member, Chuck Inglish. Sadly, it appears their musical advice won’t last long thanks to that Ferngully, the duo’s latest offering from their Angel Dust EP. This trippy, yet soulful tune kicks of with a Nintendo-like beat courtesy of Inglish. However, that chord doesn’t last very long as the beat changes up several times throughout the track, each shift more unique and refreshing than the one before it. Spliced between the cracks of the dynamic boardwork is Cassette’s vocals, whose versatile flow and contagious chorus serve as the bridges between the shifts in pitch, speed, and style. Want another hit? Stream the entire Angel Dust EP via Soundcloud.
Written by Lucas G. on 11/6/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Say No to Drugs" (2012)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.