Last we heard from BenniB, the Seattle-born, Chicago-based recording artist was flipping through classic LPs at Dave’s Records on reader-acclaimed video single What I Have. On the final free song release off his forthcoming set, deceptively titled Once Was, the artist shifts focus from music’s past to his own future in the game. Tuen, an 18-year-old EDM/House producer hailing from Norway, provides a synth-scorching club instrumental to back Benni as he pledges to “put in work till the job’s done.” Jon Holman amplifies the record’s exhilarating vibe with some off-the-cuff, occasionally hilarious official visuals. If this cut left you craving more, then don’t miss the rest of the dope material BenniB’s assembled for new full-length The Second Wind, slated to drop Sunday, December 2.
Written by richard on 11/7/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I Won't Crash" (2012)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.