If you don’t possess a photographic memory and/or a religious devotion to The DJBooth, I’m guessing you can’t name beatsmith Beni Haze‘s first and, to date, only appearance on our pages. So I’ll spill the beans: back in March, he lent his boardwork to Fruit Snacks, a mixtape inclusion by Cali emcee KYLE. Even if that cut slipped your mind, the Wyman Records signee’s name will be indelibly seared into your memory after you’ve taken a listen to his first solo feature, It’s on Me. In addition to some downright electrifying production from the headliner, who layers grinding synth voices and submerged vocal samples over a galloping rhythm section, this promo cut boasts not one but two verses from G.O.O.D. Music heavyweight Pusha T. As if that weren’t enough, longtime Booth faves Planet VI tie the cut together with a larger-than-life chorus. This joint isn’t attached to a larger project, but we’ll keep you posted on Beni Haze’s solo hustle as further details emerge.
Written by richard on 09/18/13
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- KIDD - Whipped Cream
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.