If you don’t possess a photographic memory and/or a religious devotion to The DJBooth, I’m guessing you can’t name beatsmith Beni Haze‘s first and, to date, only appearance on our pages. So I’ll spill the beans: back in March, he lent his boardwork to Fruit Snacks, a mixtape inclusion by Cali emcee KYLE. Even if that cut slipped your mind, the Wyman Records signee’s name will be indelibly seared into your memory after you’ve taken a listen to his first solo feature, It’s on Me. In addition to some downright electrifying production from the headliner, who layers grinding synth voices and submerged vocal samples over a galloping rhythm section, this promo cut boasts not one but two verses from G.O.O.D. Music heavyweight Pusha T. As if that weren’t enough, longtime Booth faves Planet VI tie the cut together with a larger-than-life chorus. This joint isn’t attached to a larger project, but we’ll keep you posted on Beni Haze’s solo hustle as further details emerge.
Written by richard on 09/18/13
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- Jeremih x Shlohmo - No More EP
- Real Recognize Real: GoldLink on Loving Lil Bibby, Shaq & Robots
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.