If you don’t possess a photographic memory and/or a religious devotion to The DJBooth, I’m guessing you can’t name beatsmith Beni Haze‘s first and, to date, only appearance on our pages. So I’ll spill the beans: back in March, he lent his boardwork to Fruit Snacks, a mixtape inclusion by Cali emcee KYLE. Even if that cut slipped your mind, the Wyman Records signee’s name will be indelibly seared into your memory after you’ve taken a listen to his first solo feature, It’s on Me. In addition to some downright electrifying production from the headliner, who layers grinding synth voices and submerged vocal samples over a galloping rhythm section, this promo cut boasts not one but two verses from G.O.O.D. Music heavyweight Pusha T. As if that weren’t enough, longtime Booth faves Planet VI tie the cut together with a larger-than-life chorus. This joint isn’t attached to a larger project, but we’ll keep you posted on Beni Haze’s solo hustle as further details emerge.
Written by richard on 09/18/13
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.