As Paula Abdul and MC Skat Kat taught us back in 1989, love has the power to transcend not only social class and species, but also the barrier between cartoons and reality. While Ben Stevenson‘s tastes are a bit more traditional—he goes for human beings, rather than animated, rapping felines—his latest promo cut is a timely reminder that Opposites can, and often do Attract. Penned by the T-Dot native in conjunction with 4th Pyramid, this slow-burning selection finds Stevenson serenading a woman whose profound differences from him only make her more alluring. The production is also a group effort: Sven Thomas, Jordan Evans and Katalyst link up with the headliner to create the cut’s intricate, atmospheric instrumental backdrop. While Opposites Attract is not part of a larger project, Ben Stevenson is currently hard at work on a debut album. Stay tuned for further details on the project, which will be Executive Produced by Boi-1da.
Written by richard on 08/13/13
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- Jeremih x Shlohmo - No More EP
- Drake’s New Album is Titled “Views From the 6”: Dope, Wack or Eh?
- Real Recognize Real: GoldLink on Loving Lil Bibby, Shaq & Robots
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.