As Paula Abdul and MC Skat Kat taught us back in 1989, love has the power to transcend not only social class and species, but also the barrier between cartoons and reality. While Ben Stevenson‘s tastes are a bit more traditional—he goes for human beings, rather than animated, rapping felines—his latest promo cut is a timely reminder that Opposites can, and often do Attract. Penned by the T-Dot native in conjunction with 4th Pyramid, this slow-burning selection finds Stevenson serenading a woman whose profound differences from him only make her more alluring. The production is also a group effort: Sven Thomas, Jordan Evans and Katalyst link up with the headliner to create the cut’s intricate, atmospheric instrumental backdrop. While Opposites Attract is not part of a larger project, Ben Stevenson is currently hard at work on a debut album. Stay tuned for further details on the project, which will be Executive Produced by Boi-1da.
Written by richard on 08/13/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Left You Behind" (2012)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.