As Paula Abdul and MC Skat Kat taught us back in 1989, love has the power to transcend not only social class and species, but also the barrier between cartoons and reality. While Ben Stevenson‘s tastes are a bit more traditional—he goes for human beings, rather than animated, rapping felines—his latest promo cut is a timely reminder that Opposites can, and often do Attract. Penned by the T-Dot native in conjunction with 4th Pyramid, this slow-burning selection finds Stevenson serenading a woman whose profound differences from him only make her more alluring. The production is also a group effort: Sven Thomas, Jordan Evans and Katalyst link up with the headliner to create the cut’s intricate, atmospheric instrumental backdrop. While Opposites Attract is not part of a larger project, Ben Stevenson is currently hard at work on a debut album. Stay tuned for further details on the project, which will be Executive Produced by Boi-1da.
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.