As Paula Abdul and MC Skat Kat taught us back in 1989, love has the power to transcend not only social class and species, but also the barrier between cartoons and reality. While Ben Stevenson‘s tastes are a bit more traditional—he goes for human beings, rather than animated, rapping felines—his latest promo cut is a timely reminder that Opposites can, and often do Attract. Penned by the T-Dot native in conjunction with 4th Pyramid, this slow-burning selection finds Stevenson serenading a woman whose profound differences from him only make her more alluring. The production is also a group effort: Sven Thomas, Jordan Evans and Katalyst link up with the headliner to create the cut’s intricate, atmospheric instrumental backdrop. While Opposites Attract is not part of a larger project, Ben Stevenson is currently hard at work on a debut album. Stay tuned for further details on the project, which will be Executive Produced by Boi-1da.
Written by richard on 08/13/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Left You Behind" (2012)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.