In April of last year, Ben Stevenson earned rave reader reviews for debut feature Left You Behind, a heartfelt ballad addressed to a woman from his past. Those who applauded the original’s honesty and emotional weight will undoubtedly appreciate the T-Dot crooner’s newly-released acoustic rendition of the song. In place of Megaman‘s original boardwork, Bret Ryan of production The Maven Boys provides a stripped-down piano accompaniment for Stevenson’s wistful verses, and Creations of LA visually document the intimate performance. Fans should stay tuned to The DJBooth for release details on Ben Stevenson’s untitled and unscheduled debut project, which will be Executive Produced by heavyweight beatsmith Boi-1da.
Written by richard on 01/24/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Left You Behind" (2012)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.