In April of last year, Ben Stevenson earned rave reader reviews for debut feature Left You Behind, a heartfelt ballad addressed to a woman from his past. Those who applauded the original’s honesty and emotional weight will undoubtedly appreciate the T-Dot crooner’s newly-released acoustic rendition of the song. In place of Megaman‘s original boardwork, Bret Ryan of production The Maven Boys provides a stripped-down piano accompaniment for Stevenson’s wistful verses, and Creations of LA visually document the intimate performance. Fans should stay tuned to The DJBooth for release details on Ben Stevenson’s untitled and unscheduled debut project, which will be Executive Produced by heavyweight beatsmith Boi-1da.
Written by richard on 01/24/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Left You Behind" (2012)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.