In April of last year, Ben Stevenson earned rave reader reviews for debut feature Left You Behind, a heartfelt ballad addressed to a woman from his past. Those who applauded the original’s honesty and emotional weight will undoubtedly appreciate the T-Dot crooner’s newly-released acoustic rendition of the song. In place of Megaman‘s original boardwork, Bret Ryan of production The Maven Boys provides a stripped-down piano accompaniment for Stevenson’s wistful verses, and Creations of LA visually document the intimate performance. Fans should stay tuned to The DJBooth for release details on Ben Stevenson’s untitled and unscheduled debut project, which will be Executive Produced by heavyweight beatsmith Boi-1da.
Written by richard on 01/24/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Left You Behind" (2012)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (1/23)
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.