In April of last year, Ben Stevenson earned rave reader reviews for debut feature Left You Behind, a heartfelt ballad addressed to a woman from his past. Those who applauded the original’s honesty and emotional weight will undoubtedly appreciate the T-Dot crooner’s newly-released acoustic rendition of the song. In place of Megaman‘s original boardwork, Bret Ryan of production The Maven Boys provides a stripped-down piano accompaniment for Stevenson’s wistful verses, and Creations of LA visually document the intimate performance. Fans should stay tuned to The DJBooth for release details on Ben Stevenson’s untitled and unscheduled debut project, which will be Executive Produced by heavyweight beatsmith Boi-1da.
Written by richard on 01/24/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Left You Behind" (2012)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.