With his debut EP’s fall release on the horizon, T-Dot crooner Ben Stevenson steps into The DJBooth with a freshly-minted single off the set. Here, producer Drew Scott‘s understated soul grooves accompany the artist as he woos a special girl, promising to do, “whatever makes you Dizzy, whatever takes you all the way, whatever gets you high.” The record incorporates elements from both 2Pac‘s Do for Love and the latter cut’s sample source, Bobby Caldwell’s What You Won’t Do for Love. Like what you’re hearing? Then watch our pages for more fresh singles leading up to the September arrival of Dirty Laundry.
Written by richard on 06/16/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Left You Behind" (2012)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.