I hereby decree not only that the word ‘swagger’ has been banned from the hip-hop lexicon, but that the creator and all pushers of said word shall be sent into the farthest reaches of outer space. Cool? As a result, we might see Space, Rush and Sino – collectively know as Ben Sity – shooting for the stars on their thesis-driven new single, Could It Be. On top of the drum and bass-heavy work of producer Xcel’s bouncy beat, the childhood friends sound comfortable and adept at spitting rhymes, but seem to only aim for the moon as far as subject matter is concerned. While the record could be hit on a local scale, the Chicago quartet must take the lead of neighbors Mikkey Halsted and Bump J in regard to how not to position oneself in the forget-me-fast world of rap music. With The High Five Club coming out at the top of the year, this high-flying group may have swagger, but the question will remain – what else?
Written by Kevin L. Clark on 11/18/08
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
Member Reviews and Ratings
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Best/Worst Of The Week: Coolio Turns To Porn, Nicki’s Comical Booty & More
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.