I hereby decree not only that the word ‘swagger’ has been banned from the hip-hop lexicon, but that the creator and all pushers of said word shall be sent into the farthest reaches of outer space. Cool? As a result, we might see Space, Rush and Sino – collectively know as Ben Sity – shooting for the stars on their thesis-driven new single, Could It Be. On top of the drum and bass-heavy work of producer Xcel’s bouncy beat, the childhood friends sound comfortable and adept at spitting rhymes, but seem to only aim for the moon as far as subject matter is concerned. While the record could be hit on a local scale, the Chicago quartet must take the lead of neighbors Mikkey Halsted and Bump J in regard to how not to position oneself in the forget-me-fast world of rap music. With The High Five Club coming out at the top of the year, this high-flying group may have swagger, but the question will remain – what else?
Written by Kevin L. Clark on 11/18/08
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.