Ah, the imagination—the stem of all human creativity and innovation. Whether it’s a new color of paint for a room, a new pair of shoes to match an outfit, or things of a more sensual nature, the imagination can conjure it all up. On Ben One‘s new promo single, My Eyes, the Chicago singer describes a few fantasies that fall into the latter category. Many of you know Ben One from previously-featured single Never Leave My Girl and its Twista and Sly Polaroid-featuring remix; stylistically, not too much has changed, but fans of Ben’s Booth debut are are going to find very little to complain about here. The track opens with the chorus, complete with a piano-driven beat and a sugar-sweet vocal hook. On the verses, Ben and co-producer Emmaculate blend a reggae-influenced keyboard groove with some lush, synthesized swooshes, building up to a climactic bridge featuring some sultry female backing vocals. Rather than leaving this track to your imagination, I would suggest you don your headphones and experience it yourself—this cut comes highly recommended.
Written by Dr. D on 05/31/09
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Never Leave My Girl" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.