Ah, the imagination—the stem of all human creativity and innovation. Whether it’s a new color of paint for a room, a new pair of shoes to match an outfit, or things of a more sensual nature, the imagination can conjure it all up. On Ben One‘s new promo single, My Eyes, the Chicago singer describes a few fantasies that fall into the latter category. Many of you know Ben One from previously-featured single Never Leave My Girl and its Twista and Sly Polaroid-featuring remix; stylistically, not too much has changed, but fans of Ben’s Booth debut are are going to find very little to complain about here. The track opens with the chorus, complete with a piano-driven beat and a sugar-sweet vocal hook. On the verses, Ben and co-producer Emmaculate blend a reggae-influenced keyboard groove with some lush, synthesized swooshes, building up to a climactic bridge featuring some sultry female backing vocals. Rather than leaving this track to your imagination, I would suggest you don your headphones and experience it yourself—this cut comes highly recommended.
Written by Dr. D on 05/31/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Never Leave My Girl" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Madison | LST ft. Kiah Victoria - The World
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- DJ Drama ft. Young Jeezy, Young Thug & Rich Homie Quan - Right Back
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.