Ah, the imagination—the stem of all human creativity and innovation. Whether it’s a new color of paint for a room, a new pair of shoes to match an outfit, or things of a more sensual nature, the imagination can conjure it all up. On Ben One‘s new promo single, My Eyes, the Chicago singer describes a few fantasies that fall into the latter category. Many of you know Ben One from previously-featured single Never Leave My Girl and its Twista and Sly Polaroid-featuring remix; stylistically, not too much has changed, but fans of Ben’s Booth debut are are going to find very little to complain about here. The track opens with the chorus, complete with a piano-driven beat and a sugar-sweet vocal hook. On the verses, Ben and co-producer Emmaculate blend a reggae-influenced keyboard groove with some lush, synthesized swooshes, building up to a climactic bridge featuring some sultry female backing vocals. Rather than leaving this track to your imagination, I would suggest you don your headphones and experience it yourself—this cut comes highly recommended.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Never Leave My Girl" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.