Ah, the imagination—the stem of all human creativity and innovation. Whether it’s a new color of paint for a room, a new pair of shoes to match an outfit, or things of a more sensual nature, the imagination can conjure it all up. On Ben One‘s new promo single, My Eyes, the Chicago singer describes a few fantasies that fall into the latter category. Many of you know Ben One from previously-featured single Never Leave My Girl and its Twista and Sly Polaroid-featuring remix; stylistically, not too much has changed, but fans of Ben’s Booth debut are are going to find very little to complain about here. The track opens with the chorus, complete with a piano-driven beat and a sugar-sweet vocal hook. On the verses, Ben and co-producer Emmaculate blend a reggae-influenced keyboard groove with some lush, synthesized swooshes, building up to a climactic bridge featuring some sultry female backing vocals. Rather than leaving this track to your imagination, I would suggest you don your headphones and experience it yourself—this cut comes highly recommended.
Written by Dr. D on 05/31/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Never Leave My Girl" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.