Of all the ways in which an unfaithful lover can react to being confronted with their dirty deeds, I think Ben Official‘s just might be the ballsiest. On new single Kiss Affair, making its world premiere in the DJBooth, the buzzmaking R&B singer confirms his girl’s suspicions and proceeds to tell her why his cheating is actually a good thing for their relationship: “My infidelity will make you weak, but it makes my love stronger for you.” I don’t know if there’s a woman on Earth who would find that convincing, but you’ve got to admire a guy who can sell a line of B.S. as seductively as Official does here, backed by Zo the Beat Boy‘s slow-burning, minor-key production. For Kiss Affair and much more, cop Ben’s Circa87 Vol. 1 sampler when it drops digitally on Monday, February 4.
Update: Click “Watch Video” above or scroll down to view Ben Official’s Asa Davis-directed Kiss Affair visual.
Written by richard on 02/8/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Direct Descendant" (2012)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.