The end of a relationship can often be ugly, filled with curse words, yelling, and plenty of tears. For DJBooth newcomer Bella Nae, however, the end of a relationship is no sweat off her back; better yet, No Tears off her cheek. While the song’s theme screams traditional R&B, Nae’s style cannot be confined to a generic box; she combines some rhythmic vibes with a lighter, poppy vocal performance, making No Tears more than your run of the mill break-up song. The Dallas native gives her lover the boot over the production muscle of J-Drastic, whose powerful screaming guitar is the standout element. So, have Nae’s efforts brought a tear to your eye or was it as forgettable as he ex? If you side with the former then be sure to check out more of her work on H.I.G.H. XOXO the EP, which is currently available for digital purchase on iTunes.
Written by Lucas G. on 04/7/13
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)