The end of a relationship can often be ugly, filled with curse words, yelling, and plenty of tears. For DJBooth newcomer Bella Nae, however, the end of a relationship is no sweat off her back; better yet, No Tears off her cheek. While the song’s theme screams traditional R&B, Nae’s style cannot be confined to a generic box; she combines some rhythmic vibes with a lighter, poppy vocal performance, making No Tears more than your run of the mill break-up song. The Dallas native gives her lover the boot over the production muscle of J-Drastic, whose powerful screaming guitar is the standout element. So, have Nae’s efforts brought a tear to your eye or was it as forgettable as he ex? If you side with the former then be sure to check out more of her work on H.I.G.H. XOXO the EP, which is currently available for digital purchase on iTunes.
Written by Lucas G. on 04/7/13
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.