The end of a relationship can often be ugly, filled with curse words, yelling, and plenty of tears. For DJBooth newcomer Bella Nae, however, the end of a relationship is no sweat off her back; better yet, No Tears off her cheek. While the song’s theme screams traditional R&B, Nae’s style cannot be confined to a generic box; she combines some rhythmic vibes with a lighter, poppy vocal performance, making No Tears more than your run of the mill break-up song. The Dallas native gives her lover the boot over the production muscle of J-Drastic, whose powerful screaming guitar is the standout element. So, have Nae’s efforts brought a tear to your eye or was it as forgettable as he ex? If you side with the former then be sure to check out more of her work on H.I.G.H. XOXO the EP, which is currently available for digital purchase on iTunes.
Written by Lucas G. on 04/7/13
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.