What Can I Say about Beldina’s DJBooth debut that could accurately describe her level of talent display? Well, not any one word really comes to mind, but I must try my hardest so that Z (my boss) doesn’t look to find a new writer. Atop a hodge-podge production from Ali Payami, featuring a R&B foundation splashed with a twist of hip-hop and pop, the Swedish singer wows with an impressive vocal performance, sharing her thoughts on what went wrong with a former boo. The self-proclaimed “Soulectro” artist’s strength lies in her ability to sing with heart and believable emotion (did she record this song during break-up), all the while staying within herself over grounded production. What Can I Say is not yet a part of anything larger, but keep it locked to The DJBooth for more from this promising newcomer.
Written by Lucas G. on 03/13/13
Submit your Rating
If I Were A Bell
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Cloud 9" (2014)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)