What Can I Say about Beldina’s DJBooth debut that could accurately describe her level of talent display? Well, not any one word really comes to mind, but I must try my hardest so that Z (my boss) doesn’t look to find a new writer. Atop a hodge-podge production from Ali Payami, featuring a R&B foundation splashed with a twist of hip-hop and pop, the Swedish singer wows with an impressive vocal performance, sharing her thoughts on what went wrong with a former boo. The self-proclaimed “Soulectro” artist’s strength lies in her ability to sing with heart and believable emotion (did she record this song during break-up), all the while staying within herself over grounded production. What Can I Say is not yet a part of anything larger, but keep it locked to The DJBooth for more from this promising newcomer.
Written by Lucas G. on 03/13/13
Submit your Rating
If I Were A Bell
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Cloud 9" (2014)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.