What Can I Say about Beldina’s DJBooth debut that could accurately describe her level of talent display? Well, not any one word really comes to mind, but I must try my hardest so that Z (my boss) doesn’t look to find a new writer. Atop a hodge-podge production from Ali Payami, featuring a R&B foundation splashed with a twist of hip-hop and pop, the Swedish singer wows with an impressive vocal performance, sharing her thoughts on what went wrong with a former boo. The self-proclaimed “Soulectro” artist’s strength lies in her ability to sing with heart and believable emotion (did she record this song during break-up), all the while staying within herself over grounded production. What Can I Say is not yet a part of anything larger, but keep it locked to The DJBooth for more from this promising newcomer.
Written by Lucas G. on 03/13/13
Submit your Rating
If I Were A Bell
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Cloud 9" (2014)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.