Usually, when someone says they’re on Cloud 9, that means they’re completely euphoric, free of worry and self-doubt. Beldina‘s new single by that name, however, finds the Swedish singer/songwriter in a more complicated state of mind. ProReese‘s spare, downbeat instrumental accompanies her as she reflects on her attraction to a certain man, weighing her misgivings (“It ain’t always gold at the end of the rainbow…”) against her desire to surrender fully to his charms. As it turns out, she ain’t the only one entertaining doubts about the relationship; in his middle verse, Berlin-based crooner Sway Clarke II compares her to a dangerous drug he just can’t kick. For this atmospheric cut and much more, check out Beldina’s new mixtape, The Opening Act, when it drops digitally on Wednesday, March 19, via The DJBooth!
Written by richard on 03/7/14
Submit your Rating
If I Were A Bell
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"What Can I Say" (2013)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.