Usually, when someone says they’re on Cloud 9, that means they’re completely euphoric, free of worry and self-doubt. Beldina‘s new single by that name, however, finds the Swedish singer/songwriter in a more complicated state of mind. ProReese‘s spare, downbeat instrumental accompanies her as she reflects on her attraction to a certain man, weighing her misgivings (“It ain’t always gold at the end of the rainbow…”) against her desire to surrender fully to his charms. As it turns out, she ain’t the only one entertaining doubts about the relationship; in his middle verse, Berlin-based crooner Sway Clarke II compares her to a dangerous drug he just can’t kick. For this atmospheric cut and much more, check out Beldina’s new mixtape, The Opening Act, when it drops digitally on Wednesday, March 19, via The DJBooth!
Written by richard on 03/7/14
Stockholm-born, Los Angeles-based singer/songwriter Beldina has come together with The DJBooth to bring listeners her debut street release, the Opening Act mixtape. The project packs a total of 14 original tracks from the...
If I Were A Bell
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"What Can I Say" (2013)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- Jeremih x Shlohmo - No More EP
- Real Recognize Real: GoldLink on Loving Lil Bibby, Shaq & Robots
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.