Usually, when someone says they’re on Cloud 9, that means they’re completely euphoric, free of worry and self-doubt. Beldina‘s new single by that name, however, finds the Swedish singer/songwriter in a more complicated state of mind. ProReese‘s spare, downbeat instrumental accompanies her as she reflects on her attraction to a certain man, weighing her misgivings (“It ain’t always gold at the end of the rainbow…”) against her desire to surrender fully to his charms. As it turns out, she ain’t the only one entertaining doubts about the relationship; in his middle verse, Berlin-based crooner Sway Clarke II compares her to a dangerous drug he just can’t kick. For this atmospheric cut and much more, check out Beldina’s new mixtape, The Opening Act, when it drops digitally on Wednesday, March 19, via The DJBooth!
Written by richard on 03/7/14
Submit your Rating
If I Were A Bell
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"What Can I Say" (2013)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.