Usually, when someone says they’re on Cloud 9, that means they’re completely euphoric, free of worry and self-doubt. Beldina‘s new single by that name, however, finds the Swedish singer/songwriter in a more complicated state of mind. ProReese‘s spare, downbeat instrumental accompanies her as she reflects on her attraction to a certain man, weighing her misgivings (“It ain’t always gold at the end of the rainbow…”) against her desire to surrender fully to his charms. As it turns out, she ain’t the only one entertaining doubts about the relationship; in his middle verse, Berlin-based crooner Sway Clarke II compares her to a dangerous drug he just can’t kick. For this atmospheric cut and much more, check out Beldina’s new mixtape, The Opening Act, when it drops digitally on Wednesday, March 19, via The DJBooth!
Written by richard on 03/7/14
Submit your Rating
If I Were A Bell
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"What Can I Say" (2013)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)