And now for something completely different. While we pause on certain days to remember specific events in history, some can be felt and seen every day through the eyes of our acquaintances, friends and family. This week marks an opportunity to reflect on one of the most tragic experiences the world has seen, Yom Hashoah (Holocaust Remembrance Day), the official Israeli commemoration of the six million Jews lost to Nazi Germany during WWII. In honor of this holiday, Brooklyn emcee Bekay has released Remember, a record that shows true storytelling in hip-hop has not been lost. Backed by production from France’s DJ Dbefekt, Bekay tells the tale of a single family during the Holocaust and the events that they had to experience. We give you plenty of music to enjoy, but this is music to truly make you think. So take a minute this week to honor the loved ones lost and realize the blessings that each one of us has today. If you enjoyed this ode, be sure to keep it locked for more from Bekay, including Remember’s upcoming video, here at the DJBooth.
Written by Sigurd on 05/5/11
Submit your Rating
Deer Studio Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Brooklyn Bridge" (2009)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.