And now for something completely different. While we pause on certain days to remember specific events in history, some can be felt and seen every day through the eyes of our acquaintances, friends and family. This week marks an opportunity to reflect on one of the most tragic experiences the world has seen, Yom Hashoah (Holocaust Remembrance Day), the official Israeli commemoration of the six million Jews lost to Nazi Germany during WWII. In honor of this holiday, Brooklyn emcee Bekay has released Remember, a record that shows true storytelling in hip-hop has not been lost. Backed by production from France’s DJ Dbefekt, Bekay tells the tale of a single family during the Holocaust and the events that they had to experience. We give you plenty of music to enjoy, but this is music to truly make you think. So take a minute this week to honor the loved ones lost and realize the blessings that each one of us has today. If you enjoyed this ode, be sure to keep it locked for more from Bekay, including Remember’s upcoming video, here at the DJBooth.
Deer Studio Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Brooklyn Bridge" (2009)
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Smoke Weed Everyday: A 30 Song 4/20 Playlist
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.