As serious as Bekay is about his craft, the underground up-and-comer doesn’t consider “emcee” his primary job description. On the contrary, he thinks of himself as more of an all-around boss – as Hova so memorably put it on Black Album hit Dirt Off Your Shoulder, “I’m the Realest That Run It, I just happen to rap.” This newly-released remix finds the Big Apple native joined by Werdplay and Various of local rap-rock trio BLESTeNATION. The three ride Contagious’ melodramatic, tension-fraught instrumental (featuring cuts by DJ Dutchmaster) with an impressively diverse array of flows, from the straight-up aggressive, to the slow and laid-back, to the speedy and unpredictable. Those who like what they’re hearing can find the original version of Realest and much more on Bekay’s ‘09 debut album, Hunger Pains. In addition, BLESTeNATION are currently accepting iTunes pre-orders for their forthcoming MBugout City LP, set to hit store shelves and online retailers April 13, via Suburban Noize Records.
Written by richard on 03/25/10
Submit your Rating
Deer Studio Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Brooklyn Bridge" (2009)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- KIDD - Whipped Cream
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.