As serious as Bekay is about his craft, the underground up-and-comer doesn’t consider “emcee” his primary job description. On the contrary, he thinks of himself as more of an all-around boss – as Hova so memorably put it on Black Album hit Dirt Off Your Shoulder, “I’m the Realest That Run It, I just happen to rap.” This newly-released remix finds the Big Apple native joined by Werdplay and Various of local rap-rock trio BLESTeNATION. The three ride Contagious’ melodramatic, tension-fraught instrumental (featuring cuts by DJ Dutchmaster) with an impressively diverse array of flows, from the straight-up aggressive, to the slow and laid-back, to the speedy and unpredictable. Those who like what they’re hearing can find the original version of Realest and much more on Bekay’s ‘09 debut album, Hunger Pains. In addition, BLESTeNATION are currently accepting iTunes pre-orders for their forthcoming MBugout City LP, set to hit store shelves and online retailers April 13, via Suburban Noize Records.
Listen to More: Bekay
Written by richard on 03/25/10
Deer Studio Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Brooklyn Bridge" (2009)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- Max Wonders - Questions
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.