I work on a site called DJBooth and even I’m a little overwhelmed by how many DJs are on Bekay’s new track I Am (NodFactor.com Remix). Coming off Bekay’s new Hunger Pains Remix album, I Am features some old school boom-bap, production from DJ Qvali and stellar turntable work from the always precise DJ Revolution. (Thank god they skipped some screaming from DJ Khaled.) To his credit the never-soft Bekay doesn’t get overwhelmed by all the DJocity, stepping up to the challenge with a series of nostalgic bars that reference everything and everyone from Lionel Richie to Kool Herc to old school dance trends: “I’m kind of like Summerjam / I’m Kid n’ Play, Roger Rabbit and the running man.” My fellow ‘80s babies just started reminiscing. If you’re digging this remix be sure to check out the real deal, Bekay’s The Hunger Pains Remix EP, available now.
Written by Nathan S. on 02/9/10
Submit your Rating
Deer Studio Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Brooklyn Bridge" (2009)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.