I work on a site called DJBooth and even I’m a little overwhelmed by how many DJs are on Bekay’s new track I Am (NodFactor.com Remix). Coming off Bekay’s new Hunger Pains Remix album, I Am features some old school boom-bap, production from DJ Qvali and stellar turntable work from the always precise DJ Revolution. (Thank god they skipped some screaming from DJ Khaled.) To his credit the never-soft Bekay doesn’t get overwhelmed by all the DJocity, stepping up to the challenge with a series of nostalgic bars that reference everything and everyone from Lionel Richie to Kool Herc to old school dance trends: “I’m kind of like Summerjam / I’m Kid n’ Play, Roger Rabbit and the running man.” My fellow ‘80s babies just started reminiscing. If you’re digging this remix be sure to check out the real deal, Bekay’s The Hunger Pains Remix EP, available now.
Written by Nathan S. on 02/9/10
Submit your Rating
Deer Studio Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Brooklyn Bridge" (2009)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Jaden Smith - Cool Tape Vol. 2
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (11/17)
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “L.A. vs. Everybody”?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)