With 2011 coming to a close, always fearless up-and-coming emcee Bekay decided to “rap” up the year that was in six minutes with his annual Year in Review promo single. The Brooklyn native used the beat from Slaughterhouse’s Back On the Scene to help narrate all notable events from 2011. On the mic, Bekay manages to touch on everything from the NBA lockout to the deaths of Bin Laden and Amy Winehouse to the terribleness (yes, that is a word) of Tim Tebow (PRAISE HIM!!!), showing off his flow-etique versatility on the mic. While this is a stand alone selection, keep your eyes and ears locked to The DJBooth for any news regarding Bekay.
Written by Dillon White on 01/2/12
Submit your Rating
Deer Studio Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Brooklyn Bridge" (2009)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2014, The Year I Learned to Say Fuck the Police
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.