With 2011 coming to a close, always fearless up-and-coming emcee Bekay decided to “rap” up the year that was in six minutes with his annual Year in Review promo single. The Brooklyn native used the beat from Slaughterhouse’s Back On the Scene to help narrate all notable events from 2011. On the mic, Bekay manages to touch on everything from the NBA lockout to the deaths of Bin Laden and Amy Winehouse to the terribleness (yes, that is a word) of Tim Tebow (PRAISE HIM!!!), showing off his flow-etique versatility on the mic. While this is a stand alone selection, keep your eyes and ears locked to The DJBooth for any news regarding Bekay.
Written by Dillon White on 01/2/12
Submit your Rating
Deer Studio Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Brooklyn Bridge" (2009)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.