With 2011 coming to a close, always fearless up-and-coming emcee Bekay decided to “rap” up the year that was in six minutes with his annual Year in Review promo single. The Brooklyn native used the beat from Slaughterhouse’s Back On the Scene to help narrate all notable events from 2011. On the mic, Bekay manages to touch on everything from the NBA lockout to the deaths of Bin Laden and Amy Winehouse to the terribleness (yes, that is a word) of Tim Tebow (PRAISE HIM!!!), showing off his flow-etique versatility on the mic. While this is a stand alone selection, keep your eyes and ears locked to The DJBooth for any news regarding Bekay.
Written by Dillon White on 01/2/12
Submit your Rating
Deer Studio Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Brooklyn Bridge" (2009)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- KIDD - Whipped Cream
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.