Although America annually looks to Skillz to provide the yearly wrap-up, there’s easily enough room in the retrospective game for more than one dope emcee. Enter Bekay, the intensely Brooklyn rapper and his promo single 2009 Year in Review. If you’re going to look back on the year that was you’d be hard pressed to pick a more iconic beat than D.O.A., and sure enough Bekay spits his catalog of rhymes over No I.D.’s live instrumentation production, dropping nearly five straight minutes of blistering lines. Unsurprisingly, Bekay doesn’t pull any punches, fearlessly going after everyone from Kanye to Kimbo Slice to the cast of Jersey Shore (shout out to The Situation). In other words, this isn’t exactly a family friendly year in review: “Lamar Odom married Chloe Kardashian, the only rule was he couldn’t get caught staring at Kim’s ass again.” Exactly. Bekay’s new album Hunger Pains is available now, and of course keep it locked all year for more from the Brooklyn up-and-comer.
Listen to More: Bekay
Written by Nathan S. on 01/3/10
Submit your Rating
Deer Studio Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Brooklyn Bridge" (2009)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/19)
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.