Although America annually looks to Skillz to provide the yearly wrap-up, there’s easily enough room in the retrospective game for more than one dope emcee. Enter Bekay, the intensely Brooklyn rapper and his promo single 2009 Year in Review. If you’re going to look back on the year that was you’d be hard pressed to pick a more iconic beat than D.O.A., and sure enough Bekay spits his catalog of rhymes over No I.D.’s live instrumentation production, dropping nearly five straight minutes of blistering lines. Unsurprisingly, Bekay doesn’t pull any punches, fearlessly going after everyone from Kanye to Kimbo Slice to the cast of Jersey Shore (shout out to The Situation). In other words, this isn’t exactly a family friendly year in review: “Lamar Odom married Chloe Kardashian, the only rule was he couldn’t get caught staring at Kim’s ass again.” Exactly. Bekay’s new album Hunger Pains is available now, and of course keep it locked all year for more from the Brooklyn up-and-comer.
Written by Nathan S. on 01/3/10
Submit your Rating
Deer Studio Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Brooklyn Bridge" (2009)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.