Although America annually looks to Skillz to provide the yearly wrap-up, there’s easily enough room in the retrospective game for more than one dope emcee. Enter Bekay, the intensely Brooklyn rapper and his promo single 2009 Year in Review. If you’re going to look back on the year that was you’d be hard pressed to pick a more iconic beat than D.O.A., and sure enough Bekay spits his catalog of rhymes over No I.D.’s live instrumentation production, dropping nearly five straight minutes of blistering lines. Unsurprisingly, Bekay doesn’t pull any punches, fearlessly going after everyone from Kanye to Kimbo Slice to the cast of Jersey Shore (shout out to The Situation). In other words, this isn’t exactly a family friendly year in review: “Lamar Odom married Chloe Kardashian, the only rule was he couldn’t get caught staring at Kim’s ass again.” Exactly. Bekay’s new album Hunger Pains is available now, and of course keep it locked all year for more from the Brooklyn up-and-comer.
Written by Nathan S. on 01/3/10
Submit your Rating
Deer Studio Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Brooklyn Bridge" (2009)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Adrian Lau - The Departed
- T.I. ft. Young Thug, Lil Wayne & Jeezy - About The Money (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Nikki Jean - Haile Selassie
- Every Logic Song We’ve Ever Featured
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- Drake - 6 God EP
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.