Trouble – we’ve all gotten into it at some point, and it’s the subject of the latest from ATL/LA-by-way-of-Detroit wunderkind Bei Maejor. But in this case, it’s the kind of trouble that is welcomed when it involves the object of our desire. Bei is a helpless victim of an anonymous temptress who’s doing all the right things to get his engine revved up, and he warns her “I told you not to push that thang up on me when you know I want it. It’s gonna get you in trouble.” Warbling over a seductive, pulsing beat crafted by Bei himself, we’re drawn into this picture of intrigue and unconsciously putting ourselves in his shoes – let’s face it, we’ve all been there at least once. J. Cole is a guest on the track, and for once he’s not rapping like he’s got a chip on his shoulder. You know what I mean – usually he sounds like he’s got that “my-GF-wants-to-have-a-serious-talk-about-her-feelings-5-minutes-into-Game 7” kind of chip on his shoulder (word to @BigGhostfase for breaking it down). While an unmastered version of Trouble had been leaked previously, this final version will be on Bei Major’s debut album with Jive Records, which currently has no release date.
Written by Stephanie Vaughn on 05/17/11
Submit your Rating
Def Jam/Believe Partners
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Drunk in the Club" (2010)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.