The only thing better than money is more money, the only thing better than sex is more sex and the only thing better than getting in Trouble is getting in even more Trouble. Almost eight months after we first heard Bei Maejor’s single the ATL/LA-by-way-of-Detroit wunderkind has recruited some seriously heavyweight help for the remix. Bei’s original beat, a hazy, appropriately grinding affair, remains essentially untouched, only sharpened slightly here. And while J. Cole’s original verse remains untouched, it’s new verses from Wale (who makes one hell of a birthday cake reference), Trey Songz (who puts the rapping to the side for a sung 16) and T-Pain (who I believe just invented the phrase “badonk-a-doodle”) that provide the remix with its new appeal. We’re still a few rappers short of a DJ Khaled-sized mega-remix, but the latest and greatest Trouble certainly isn’t anything to laugh at…except for that Pain verse, that was pretty hilarious. Fans anxious for more from Bei will have to hold tight; his major label debut album with RCA, Making Up, is scheduled to drop sometime this year (hopefully).
Written by Nathan S. on 01/10/12
Submit your Rating
Def Jam/Believe Partners
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Drunk in the Club" (2010)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.