The only thing better than money is more money, the only thing better than sex is more sex and the only thing better than getting in Trouble is getting in even more Trouble. Almost eight months after we first heard Bei Maejor’s single the ATL/LA-by-way-of-Detroit wunderkind has recruited some seriously heavyweight help for the remix. Bei’s original beat, a hazy, appropriately grinding affair, remains essentially untouched, only sharpened slightly here. And while J. Cole’s original verse remains untouched, it’s new verses from Wale (who makes one hell of a birthday cake reference), Trey Songz (who puts the rapping to the side for a sung 16) and T-Pain (who I believe just invented the phrase “badonk-a-doodle”) that provide the remix with its new appeal. We’re still a few rappers short of a DJ Khaled-sized mega-remix, but the latest and greatest Trouble certainly isn’t anything to laugh at…except for that Pain verse, that was pretty hilarious. Fans anxious for more from Bei will have to hold tight; his major label debut album with RCA, Making Up, is scheduled to drop sometime this year (hopefully).
Written by Nathan S. on 01/10/12
Island Def Jam
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Drunk in the Club" (2010)
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- After Wiz Khalifa’s “Blacc Hollywood”, What Does a Number One Album Mean?
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)