The only thing better than money is more money, the only thing better than sex is more sex and the only thing better than getting in Trouble is getting in even more Trouble. Almost eight months after we first heard Bei Maejor’s single the ATL/LA-by-way-of-Detroit wunderkind has recruited some seriously heavyweight help for the remix. Bei’s original beat, a hazy, appropriately grinding affair, remains essentially untouched, only sharpened slightly here. And while J. Cole’s original verse remains untouched, it’s new verses from Wale (who makes one hell of a birthday cake reference), Trey Songz (who puts the rapping to the side for a sung 16) and T-Pain (who I believe just invented the phrase “badonk-a-doodle”) that provide the remix with its new appeal. We’re still a few rappers short of a DJ Khaled-sized mega-remix, but the latest and greatest Trouble certainly isn’t anything to laugh at…except for that Pain verse, that was pretty hilarious. Fans anxious for more from Bei will have to hold tight; his major label debut album with RCA, Making Up, is scheduled to drop sometime this year (hopefully).
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Drunk in the Club" (2010)
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Logic ft. Big Sean - Alright
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Whoo Kid Breaks Down His Essential DJ Set-Up
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.