The only thing better than money is more money, the only thing better than sex is more sex and the only thing better than getting in Trouble is getting in even more Trouble. Almost eight months after we first heard Bei Maejor’s single the ATL/LA-by-way-of-Detroit wunderkind has recruited some seriously heavyweight help for the remix. Bei’s original beat, a hazy, appropriately grinding affair, remains essentially untouched, only sharpened slightly here. And while J. Cole’s original verse remains untouched, it’s new verses from Wale (who makes one hell of a birthday cake reference), Trey Songz (who puts the rapping to the side for a sung 16) and T-Pain (who I believe just invented the phrase “badonk-a-doodle”) that provide the remix with its new appeal. We’re still a few rappers short of a DJ Khaled-sized mega-remix, but the latest and greatest Trouble certainly isn’t anything to laugh at…except for that Pain verse, that was pretty hilarious. Fans anxious for more from Bei will have to hold tight; his major label debut album with RCA, Making Up, is scheduled to drop sometime this year (hopefully).
Written by Nathan S. on 01/10/12
Submit your Rating
Island Def Jam
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Drunk in the Club" (2010)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Jaden Smith - Cool Tape Vol. 2
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (11/17)
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “L.A. vs. Everybody”?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.