Trouble – we’ve all gotten into it at some point, and it’s the subject of the latest from ATL/LA-by-way-of-Detroit wunderkind Bei Maejor. But in this case, it’s the kind of trouble that is welcomed when it involves the object of our desire. Bei is a helpless victim of an anonymous temptress who’s doing all the right things to get his engine revved up, and he warns her “I told you not to push that thang up on me when you know I want it. It’s gonna get you in trouble.” Warbling over a seductive, pulsing beat crafted by Bei himself, we’re drawn into this picture of intrigue and unconsciously putting ourselves in his shoes – let’s face it, we’ve all been there at least once. J. Cole is a guest on the track, and for once he’s not rapping like he’s got a chip on his shoulder. You know what I mean – usually he sounds like he’s got that “my-GF-wants-to-have-a-serious-talk-about-her-feelings-5-minutes-into-Game 7” kind of chip on his shoulder (word to @BigGhostfase for breaking it down). While an unmastered version of Trouble had been leaked previously, this final version will be on Bei Major’s debut album with Jive Records, which currently has no release date.
Written by Stephanie Vaughn on 05/17/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Drunk in the Club" (2010)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.