There’s nothing quite like the feeling of being enveloped in the crowd at a packed club; though you’re surrounded by fellow partiers, the anonymity of the experience (along with the free-flowing liquor) makes it easy to drift away into your own world, unaware even of the person on whom you happen to be grinding. On new mixtape single Pillz, RCA singer/songwriter/beatsmith Bei Maejor captures that feeling in its purest form. Slipping effortlessly between a sung and half-flowed delivery over his own dreamy electronic boardwork (sampled from Neon Indian’s Polish Girl), the artists asks listeners, “Have you ever got lost while you sip slow? Ever got lost in the tempo?... Ever stepped on the brakes at a green light? Ever said it was wrong when it seemed right?” BRTHR‘s newly-released official video provides an appropriately trippy backdrop for the artist’s spaced-out lyrical reflections. Feeling it? More innovative pop bangers await on Maejor’s Upsc?le Mixtape, available online as of late March. Additionally, keep it locked to the Booth for details on the his forthcoming, currently unscheduled/untitled debut studio album.
Written by richard on 06/25/12
Island Def Jam
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Drunk in the Club" (2010)
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- Jeremih x Shlohmo - No More EP
- Drake’s New Album is Titled “Views From the 6”: Dope, Wack or Eh?
- Real Recognize Real: GoldLink on Loving Lil Bibby, Shaq & Robots
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.