There’s nothing quite like the feeling of being enveloped in the crowd at a packed club; though you’re surrounded by fellow partiers, the anonymity of the experience (along with the free-flowing liquor) makes it easy to drift away into your own world, unaware even of the person on whom you happen to be grinding. On new mixtape single Pillz, RCA singer/songwriter/beatsmith Bei Maejor captures that feeling in its purest form. Slipping effortlessly between a sung and half-flowed delivery over his own dreamy electronic boardwork (sampled from Neon Indian’s Polish Girl), the artists asks listeners, “Have you ever got lost while you sip slow? Ever got lost in the tempo?... Ever stepped on the brakes at a green light? Ever said it was wrong when it seemed right?” BRTHR‘s newly-released official video provides an appropriately trippy backdrop for the artist’s spaced-out lyrical reflections. Feeling it? More innovative pop bangers await on Maejor’s Upsc?le Mixtape, available online as of late March. Additionally, keep it locked to the Booth for details on the his forthcoming, currently unscheduled/untitled debut studio album.
Written by richard on 06/25/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Drunk in the Club" (2010)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.