There’s nothing quite like the feeling of being enveloped in the crowd at a packed club; though you’re surrounded by fellow partiers, the anonymity of the experience (along with the free-flowing liquor) makes it easy to drift away into your own world, unaware even of the person on whom you happen to be grinding. On new mixtape single Pillz, RCA singer/songwriter/beatsmith Bei Maejor captures that feeling in its purest form. Slipping effortlessly between a sung and half-flowed delivery over his own dreamy electronic boardwork (sampled from Neon Indian’s Polish Girl), the artists asks listeners, “Have you ever got lost while you sip slow? Ever got lost in the tempo?... Ever stepped on the brakes at a green light? Ever said it was wrong when it seemed right?” BRTHR‘s newly-released official video provides an appropriately trippy backdrop for the artist’s spaced-out lyrical reflections. Feeling it? More innovative pop bangers await on Maejor’s Upsc?le Mixtape, available online as of late March. Additionally, keep it locked to the Booth for details on the his forthcoming, currently unscheduled/untitled debut studio album.
Written by richard on 06/25/12
Submit your Rating
Def Jam/Believe Partners
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Drunk in the Club" (2010)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.