While the popular image of hypnosis involves a bearded psychoanalyst, a pendulum and the phrase, “You are getting ver-r-y sle-e-epy…”, it turns out that a few bottles, some body-moving music and a swinging female posterior work just as well—at least if you’re Bei Maejor. On his latest EP single, the buzzmaking singer/producer finds himself enjoying a night out at the local spot when, suddenly, he finds himself Mesmerized by a certain shawty’s smooth moves. Fortunately, he comes back to consciousness in time to strike up a conversation with the woman in question. Over his own ebbing and flowing synth backdrop, Maejor describes how light conversation, drinks and dancing led to “Pinot Grigio and spaghetti” at her place and, finally, a little action between the sheets. Topped off with a rapped interlude and a chorus that evokes fond memories of N.O.R.E.‘s Superthug (“What what, wh-wh-what what what.”) this steamy selection has all the makings of a pop hit. Or do I have it twisted? Those who are feeling Mesmerized can click here to peep the video, as well as staying tuned for info on Bei Maejor’s currently unscheduled Upscale EP and his debut studio album, due out later this year.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Drunk in the Club" (2010)
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Logic ft. Big Sean - Alright
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.