While the popular image of hypnosis involves a bearded psychoanalyst, a pendulum and the phrase, “You are getting ver-r-y sle-e-epy…”, it turns out that a few bottles, some body-moving music and a swinging female posterior work just as well—at least if you’re Bei Maejor. On his latest EP single, the buzzmaking singer/producer finds himself enjoying a night out at the local spot when, suddenly, he finds himself Mesmerized by a certain shawty’s smooth moves. Fortunately, he comes back to consciousness in time to strike up a conversation with the woman in question. Over his own ebbing and flowing synth backdrop, Maejor describes how light conversation, drinks and dancing led to “Pinot Grigio and spaghetti” at her place and, finally, a little action between the sheets. Topped off with a rapped interlude and a chorus that evokes fond memories of N.O.R.E.‘s Superthug (“What what, wh-wh-what what what.”) this steamy selection has all the makings of a pop hit. Or do I have it twisted? Those who are feeling Mesmerized can click here to peep the video, as well as staying tuned for info on Bei Maejor’s currently unscheduled Upscale EP and his debut studio album, due out later this year.
Written by richard on 01/23/12
Submit your Rating
Island Def Jam
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Drunk in the Club" (2010)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)