With recent features Trouble (Remix) and Mesmerized, Bei Maejor showed us just how serious he is about conquering radio airwaves and club dancefloors in 2012—whether you’re a fan or not, you’ve got to appreciate the man’s mastery of the club-pop format. New promo single Lights Down Low finds the singer/songwriter/producer continuing his quest for Top 40 gold, this time with assistance from one of the greatest lyricists of our generation. Wait, did I say “one of the greatest lyricists of our generation?” Uh, I meant Waka Flocka. But hey, the Gucci Mane protégé sounds right at home here, lacing Maejor’s densely-layered synths and bass-booming kick-handclap rhythm with a brash, swag-drenched account of his latest tryst. For his part, the headliner turns in a characteristically engaging vocal performance, describing an evening’s freaky activities on the verse, before pulling out all the stops for a sing-along chorus. Craving more from Bei Maejor? Then keep it locked for the latest tunes off debut album Making Up, scheduled for release later this year.
Written by richard on 02/8/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Drunk in the Club" (2010)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.