With recent features Trouble (Remix) and Mesmerized, Bei Maejor showed us just how serious he is about conquering radio airwaves and club dancefloors in 2012—whether you’re a fan or not, you’ve got to appreciate the man’s mastery of the club-pop format. New promo single Lights Down Low finds the singer/songwriter/producer continuing his quest for Top 40 gold, this time with assistance from one of the greatest lyricists of our generation. Wait, did I say “one of the greatest lyricists of our generation?” Uh, I meant Waka Flocka. But hey, the Gucci Mane protégé sounds right at home here, lacing Maejor’s densely-layered synths and bass-booming kick-handclap rhythm with a brash, swag-drenched account of his latest tryst. For his part, the headliner turns in a characteristically engaging vocal performance, describing an evening’s freaky activities on the verse, before pulling out all the stops for a sing-along chorus. Craving more from Bei Maejor? Then keep it locked for the latest tunes off debut album Making Up, scheduled for release later this year.
Written by richard on 02/8/12
Submit your Rating
Island Def Jam
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Drunk in the Club" (2010)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Beyond the Lights: Machine Gun Kelly Learns to Act Like Himself
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.