For someone in an exclusive relationship, the club is a minefield of temptations – when young, attractive individuals collide with free-flowing liquor and sexually-charged grooves, stuff tends to, um, happen. Fresh off the Booth-approved Gamez, artist-producer Bei Maejor is back on our frontpage with a Kisses in the VIP, a mixtape leak seemingly designed to make partiers with a significant other at home think twice before doing something they might regret. Over his own smooth, piano-driven instrumental, Maejor recounts a close call at the local spot; though an alluring female clubgoer succeeds in persuading him to violate his ”no touching” rule, no amount of Nuvo can numb his conscience, and he ultimately removes himself from the situation, explaining, “You want me to take you home; believe me I’m tempted, but I’m not really into pimpin’ and I got a good girl who loves me.” Whether you’re a fan or not, you’ve gotta give the man credit for doing the right thing. Those who like what they’re hearing can expect more morally upright jams (along with some more hedonistic cuts) on u?op ?p?sdn (Upside Down), set to drop “soon.”
Written by richard on 07/26/10
Submit your Rating
Def Jam/Believe Partners
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Drunk in the Club" (2010)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.