I’m sure if Mr. and Mrs. Pacman were to express their longing for one another, they would have more class to say, “We should (insert gaming sound here) with each other”. Not so for producer/rapper Bei Major, who’s back after some tough reviews for his previous DJBooth track Drunk in the Club with his new arcade inspired, lullaby infused track Gamez. Produced, of course, by Maejor himself, the track is filled with enough retro gaming sounds to make listeners ears overheat. Vocally, he also enlists the help of Keri Hilson to craft a hook reminiscent of the melody to the Hush Little Baby lullaby, which I suppose is meant to remind us of a simpler time. Oh, and he raps on the cut as well, I forgot to mention that. While some may find themselves getting their gamer on to Gamez, the track sounds out of harmony and ultimately adds up to a very challenging listen for me. For those interested, the song will be featured on Bei Maejor’s creatively titled, upcoming mixtape, u?op ?p?sdn (Upside Down), due in August for you to cop.
Written by Jon Garcia on 07/21/10
Submit your Rating
Def Jam/Believe Partners
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Drunk in the Club" (2010)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (1/23)
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.