I’m sure if Mr. and Mrs. Pacman were to express their longing for one another, they would have more class to say, “We should (insert gaming sound here) with each other”. Not so for producer/rapper Bei Major, who’s back after some tough reviews for his previous DJBooth track Drunk in the Club with his new arcade inspired, lullaby infused track Gamez. Produced, of course, by Maejor himself, the track is filled with enough retro gaming sounds to make listeners ears overheat. Vocally, he also enlists the help of Keri Hilson to craft a hook reminiscent of the melody to the Hush Little Baby lullaby, which I suppose is meant to remind us of a simpler time. Oh, and he raps on the cut as well, I forgot to mention that. While some may find themselves getting their gamer on to Gamez, the track sounds out of harmony and ultimately adds up to a very challenging listen for me. For those interested, the song will be featured on Bei Maejor’s creatively titled, upcoming mixtape, u?op ?p?sdn (Upside Down), due in August for you to cop.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Drunk in the Club" (2010)
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.