Even though Bei Maejor’s written a number of hits for the likes of Letoya and Ginuwine in his short career, the young singer/songwriter is interested in much more than simply hanging out with famous musicians in the studio; like, for example, alcoholism and casual sex. While Drunk in the Club is Bei Major’s first solo feature on DJBooth, more detail oriented listeners may remember the Michigan native as the hookman on Plies’ (not exactly Booth approved) She Got It Made. Either way, Drunk in the Club doesn’t exactly push musical boundaries – the vocals are often auto-tuned and the production, by (of course) Bei himself, is synth heavy – I’m sure some Booth listeners will find the hip-hop track entertaining and more than a little easy to relate to. Are you one of them? Recent Jive signee Mr. Maejor has yet to receive a solid title and release date for his forthcoming major label debut, but we’ll be sure to update you with the latest details. In the meantime, don’t drive home drunk from the club. Got it?
Written by Nathan S. on 04/5/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Ride (Bei Maejor Remix)" (2010)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.