Sometimes the best way to forget about an ex is too drink yourself into oblivion. You’ll find that the desire for 2AM pizza and a killer headache the next day are easily able to replace any thoughts of an old flame. On her latest single, pop upstart Bebe Rexha counters thinking about her ex by drinking for them. The lyrics from I Can’t Stop Drinking About You aren’t the only thing that will make you want to knock ‘em back. A cascading, synth-heavy beat from co-producers The Monsters and Strangerz is perfect for a party/club setting thanks to it’s catchy, intoxicating sound. The vibrancy of the beat is only matched by Rexha’s incendiary vocal performance, where she combines a raspy, pained undertone with an feverish, poppy energy. Drinking is not part of a larger body of work, but for more of Bebe’s material we suggest you dig into ‘13’s Comeback Kids.
Written by Lucas G. on 03/30/14
Submit your Rating
Warner Bros Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Ride Till You Die" (2012)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- Lorenzo Asher, The Director #TopProspects
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.