Sometimes the best way to forget about an ex is too drink yourself into oblivion. You’ll find that the desire for 2AM pizza and a killer headache the next day are easily able to replace any thoughts of an old flame. On her latest single, pop upstart Bebe Rexha counters thinking about her ex by drinking for them. The lyrics from I Can’t Stop Drinking About You aren’t the only thing that will make you want to knock ‘em back. A cascading, synth-heavy beat from co-producers The Monsters and Strangerz is perfect for a party/club setting thanks to it’s catchy, intoxicating sound. The vibrancy of the beat is only matched by Rexha’s incendiary vocal performance, where she combines a raspy, pained undertone with an feverish, poppy energy. Drinking is not part of a larger body of work, but for more of Bebe’s material we suggest you dig into ‘13’s Comeback Kids.
Written by Lucas G. on 03/30/14
Submit your Rating
Warner Bros Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Ride Till You Die" (2012)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.