Sometimes the best way to forget about an ex is too drink yourself into oblivion. You’ll find that the desire for 2AM pizza and a killer headache the next day are easily able to replace any thoughts of an old flame. On her latest single, pop upstart Bebe Rexha counters thinking about her ex by drinking for them. The lyrics from I Can’t Stop Drinking About You aren’t the only thing that will make you want to knock ‘em back. A cascading, synth-heavy beat from co-producers The Monsters and Strangerz is perfect for a party/club setting thanks to it’s catchy, intoxicating sound. The vibrancy of the beat is only matched by Rexha’s incendiary vocal performance, where she combines a raspy, pained undertone with an feverish, poppy energy. Drinking is not part of a larger body of work, but for more of Bebe’s material we suggest you dig into ‘13’s Comeback Kids.
Written by Lucas G. on 03/30/14
Submit your Rating
Warner Bros Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Ride Till You Die" (2012)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.