Plagued by haters? A brand new record from Beatz Galaw suggests a novel solution: simply slip on some shades and Block ‘Em. Donning their best specs on this track are NYC emcees Mickey Factz and MIMS, both of whom drop engaging, wordplay-filled verses (the latter raps, “I graduated, with honors/ Pre? I’m post-madonna.”) celebrating their skills, their bank accounts, and the blocking powers of their eyewear. Beatz Galaw Productions’ H-Storm contributes a beat that listeners will likely either love or hate, following the odd yet compelling trend of basing a cut around repetitive, sliced-and-diced vocal samples. Though the subject matter precludes any particularly deep lyricism, the record is inarguably a lot of fun – I challenge you not to crack a smile when MIMS pops back in near the end to exclaim, “I got my shades on – I’m so cool!” Block ‘Em is set for inclusion on a yet-untitled project dropping in March of this year.
Written by richard on 01/6/09
Submit your Rating
Beatz Galaw Music Group
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.