Plagued by haters? A brand new record from Beatz Galaw suggests a novel solution: simply slip on some shades and Block ‘Em. Donning their best specs on this track are NYC emcees Mickey Factz and MIMS, both of whom drop engaging, wordplay-filled verses (the latter raps, “I graduated, with honors/ Pre? I’m post-madonna.”) celebrating their skills, their bank accounts, and the blocking powers of their eyewear. Beatz Galaw Productions’ H-Storm contributes a beat that listeners will likely either love or hate, following the odd yet compelling trend of basing a cut around repetitive, sliced-and-diced vocal samples. Though the subject matter precludes any particularly deep lyricism, the record is inarguably a lot of fun – I challenge you not to crack a smile when MIMS pops back in near the end to exclaim, “I got my shades on – I’m so cool!” Block ‘Em is set for inclusion on a yet-untitled project dropping in March of this year.
Written by richard on 01/6/09
Beatz Galaw Music Group
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
Member Reviews and Ratings
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Best/Worst Of The Week: Coolio Turns To Porn, Nicki’s Comical Booty & More
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.