Plagued by haters? A brand new record from Beatz Galaw suggests a novel solution: simply slip on some shades and Block ‘Em. Donning their best specs on this track are NYC emcees Mickey Factz and MIMS, both of whom drop engaging, wordplay-filled verses (the latter raps, “I graduated, with honors/ Pre? I’m post-madonna.”) celebrating their skills, their bank accounts, and the blocking powers of their eyewear. Beatz Galaw Productions’ H-Storm contributes a beat that listeners will likely either love or hate, following the odd yet compelling trend of basing a cut around repetitive, sliced-and-diced vocal samples. Though the subject matter precludes any particularly deep lyricism, the record is inarguably a lot of fun – I challenge you not to crack a smile when MIMS pops back in near the end to exclaim, “I got my shades on – I’m so cool!” Block ‘Em is set for inclusion on a yet-untitled project dropping in March of this year.
Written by richard on 01/6/09
Beatz Galaw Music Group
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
Member Reviews and Ratings
- After Wiz Khalifa’s “Blacc Hollywood”, What Does a Number One Album Mean?
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)