Plagued by haters? A brand new record from Beatz Galaw suggests a novel solution: simply slip on some shades and Block ‘Em. Donning their best specs on this track are NYC emcees Mickey Factz and MIMS, both of whom drop engaging, wordplay-filled verses (the latter raps, “I graduated, with honors/ Pre? I’m post-madonna.”) celebrating their skills, their bank accounts, and the blocking powers of their eyewear. Beatz Galaw Productions’ H-Storm contributes a beat that listeners will likely either love or hate, following the odd yet compelling trend of basing a cut around repetitive, sliced-and-diced vocal samples. Though the subject matter precludes any particularly deep lyricism, the record is inarguably a lot of fun – I challenge you not to crack a smile when MIMS pops back in near the end to exclaim, “I got my shades on – I’m so cool!” Block ‘Em is set for inclusion on a yet-untitled project dropping in March of this year.
Beatz Galaw Music Group
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
Member Reviews and Ratings
- FL (of The Foodchain) - Young Amsterdam
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.