Recently, it was discovered that Beastie Boys member Adam “MCA” Yauch had a cancerous tumor in his left parotid (salivary) gland. While the tumor is not expected to damage MCA’s vocal chords and was detected very early, it will be several weeks before doctors clear him for performance; consequently, the group had no choice but to cancel their upcoming tour dates and push the release of their Hot Sauce Committee Pt. 1 LP from September 15th to an as-yet-unspecified date. To lift the spirits of the countless fans currently praying for MCA’s speedy recovery, the Beasties have released a brand new single. Surveying the current state of the genre, MCA, Mike D, and Ad-Rock (along with special guest Nas) voice a complaint that every hip-hop head has thought, but most have never mustered up the courage to say: there are Too Many Rappers and not enough true MCs! This track is sure to leave listeners even more eager to see Yauch return to the mic—with the game sorely lacking true artists, we can hardly afford to lose a single one!
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Make Some Noise" (2011)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Logic ft. Big Sean - Alright
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Whoo Kid Breaks Down His Essential DJ Set-Up
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.