Recently, it was discovered that Beastie Boys member Adam “MCA” Yauch had a cancerous tumor in his left parotid (salivary) gland. While the tumor is not expected to damage MCA’s vocal chords and was detected very early, it will be several weeks before doctors clear him for performance; consequently, the group had no choice but to cancel their upcoming tour dates and push the release of their Hot Sauce Committee Pt. 1 LP from September 15th to an as-yet-unspecified date. To lift the spirits of the countless fans currently praying for MCA’s speedy recovery, the Beasties have released a brand new single. Surveying the current state of the genre, MCA, Mike D, and Ad-Rock (along with special guest Nas) voice a complaint that every hip-hop head has thought, but most have never mustered up the courage to say: there are Too Many Rappers and not enough true MCs! This track is sure to leave listeners even more eager to see Yauch return to the mic—with the game sorely lacking true artists, we can hardly afford to lose a single one!
Written by Burmy on 07/20/09
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Make Some Noise" (2011)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)