Recently, it was discovered that Beastie Boys member Adam “MCA” Yauch had a cancerous tumor in his left parotid (salivary) gland. While the tumor is not expected to damage MCA’s vocal chords and was detected very early, it will be several weeks before doctors clear him for performance; consequently, the group had no choice but to cancel their upcoming tour dates and push the release of their Hot Sauce Committee Pt. 1 LP from September 15th to an as-yet-unspecified date. To lift the spirits of the countless fans currently praying for MCA’s speedy recovery, the Beasties have released a brand new single. Surveying the current state of the genre, MCA, Mike D, and Ad-Rock (along with special guest Nas) voice a complaint that every hip-hop head has thought, but most have never mustered up the courage to say: there are Too Many Rappers and not enough true MCs! This track is sure to leave listeners even more eager to see Yauch return to the mic—with the game sorely lacking true artists, we can hardly afford to lose a single one!
Written by Burmy on 07/20/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Make Some Noise" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.