Recently, it was discovered that Beastie Boys member Adam “MCA” Yauch had a cancerous tumor in his left parotid (salivary) gland. While the tumor is not expected to damage MCA’s vocal chords and was detected very early, it will be several weeks before doctors clear him for performance; consequently, the group had no choice but to cancel their upcoming tour dates and push the release of their Hot Sauce Committee Pt. 1 LP from September 15th to an as-yet-unspecified date. To lift the spirits of the countless fans currently praying for MCA’s speedy recovery, the Beasties have released a brand new single. Surveying the current state of the genre, MCA, Mike D, and Ad-Rock (along with special guest Nas) voice a complaint that every hip-hop head has thought, but most have never mustered up the courage to say: there are Too Many Rappers and not enough true MCs! This track is sure to leave listeners even more eager to see Yauch return to the mic—with the game sorely lacking true artists, we can hardly afford to lose a single one!
Written by Burmy on 07/20/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Make Some Noise" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.