Don’t let the name fool you: the two enterprising artists who make up Beast Boyz Ent. (They prefer to be known as a label, not a crew.) are neither beasts nor boys. On the contrary, as they emphasize in their first Booth feature, they’re “...so Grown Man with it.” Making its world premiere right here on our front page, this newly-selected single finds singer Frank Vocals and rapper Priest Da Beast luxuriating in the trappings of their high-class lifestyle. Bam Savage takes an appropriately luxuriant approach behind the boards, serving up a a glittering synth-guitar loop backed by a liquid bassline as Vocals surveys his “prestigious surroundings” and demands “...a slow clap for bringin’ soul back.” On the cut’s latter half, Priest offers a few pointers for listeners who’d like to live like a Beast Boy: “You gotta be alpha, you gotta be ‘bout’cha / concrete confidence so they can’t doubt you.” In a word, this record is smooth - in fact, I feel suave just listening to it. (And, if you know me, that’s really something.) If you’re feeling it, more bangers await on the Boyz’ forthcoming P&V LP. Keep it locked for release details on the project, as well as all the latest tunes.
Written by richard on 02/7/12
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- KIDD - Whipped Cream
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.