On unreleased cut What You Talkin Bout (Average Cat), leaked to the ‘net Friday morning of last week, Beanie Sigel spits “This ain’t a dis record, it’s a real record.” If you buy that, uh, I’ve got some Florida swampland you might be interested in. In reality, the track finds Beans venting at former label boss/ex-friend Jay-Z, delivering a litany of wounded but vicious criticisms over Harry & Alex slow-burning, piano-driven boardwork (featuring a hook sampled from Mobb Deep‘s Hell on Earth). In addition to addressing his financial treatment by Jay and Dame Dash during his time at Roc-A-Fella, Sigel airs a few more personal grievances, bemoaning Hova’s failure to visit or even send a letter when he was incarcerated under weapons charges – and, as if three rapped verses weren’t enough to get the point across, the rapper lays it all on the table in a lengthy monologue on the back end, stretching the running time to a hefty 7:07. Whether or not you sympathize with Beans’ gripes, it’s hard not to look forward to the potential response record; if and when Jay fires back, you can expect to hear about it right here at DJBooth.net.
Listen to More: Beanie Sigel
Written by richard on 11/1/09
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"It's A Problem ft. Beanie Sigel & Jadakiss" (2006)
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Statik Selektah - What Goes Around
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Top 20 Hip Hop / R&B Songs Chart (August 18, 2014)
- Lupe Fiasco Puts Ratchet Appeal With a Concept “Next To It”
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.