Though he remains loyal to Jay-Z and Roc-a-Fella, Beanie Sigel enjoys dropping the occasional independent album in between his major-label releases (see Public Enemy No. 1, which separated The B.Coming and The Solution). Next month, Sigel will reaffirm his status as the Broad Street Bully with his latest indie full-length, and he’s released a lead single sure to get the Philly streets buzzing. Flanked by fellow State Property bosses Freeway and Young Chris, Beans warns anybody thinking about starting beef to think again, because they’re Ready For War. As you’d expect, Beans’ deadpan delivery, Free’s high-energy flow, and Chris’ Hova-esque style complement each other perfectly as the three spit aggressive bars over a currently unknown producer’s dark piano-loop beat. Broad Street Bully drops Sept. 1st—the only question is, are you ready?
Written by Burmy on 08/9/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"It's A Problem" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Beyond the Lights: Machine Gun Kelly Learns to Act Like Himself
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.