The return of the self-proclaimed “Bad Guy” is officially December 11th. In a little over a month, Philly MC Beanie Sigel will unleash his long-awaited fourth studio album, The Solution. Sigel, who has already released the R. Kelly collaboration All The Above, has also joined forces with Akon’s newest talent, Rock City, for an ode to bank robberies on Get Low. The Konvict Muzik production features a stuttering bass line and a wavering pattern on the synthesizer; a perfect match for Sigel’s raw emotion. While Sigel spoke to DJBooth about auditioning for the role of Notorious B.I.G. in the upcoming biopic about the slain rapper, he should be shopping Get Low as the score for Hollywood’s next major heist film.
Written by DJ Z on 10/24/07
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"It's A Problem" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.